Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nüvi 350

dracuul is offline Private
    Thanks

nüvi 350

Hmm, I copied this new map onto my device, and it worked perfectly.

But now all of a sudden, when I switch on my nüvi 350 it shows the "Loading maps" screen for 10 seconds and then shuts off.
    If I connect the USB cable to turn it on, it hangs on the map detail screen that follows after the loading screen.
    I already tried the 'Pre-boot' thing while holding the power button and it would go into 'Booting' state but eventually end with the same result.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Edit:
    If I insert an SD-card with a GUPDATE.GCD on it, I see the prompt to downgrade just before it shuts off or freezes. It seems to freeze as soon as the map copyright message is displayed (which doesn't fit on screen, see attached image). One time I was just able to hit 'Yes' before the copyright message was displayed below the prompt (which would freeze it), and it properly executed the firmware downgrade. But afterward, the result was the same, so I'm thinking it's something map-related.

Just wondering how I can get rid of the map when my pc doesn't show the Garmin USB drive.

Last edited by dracuul; 18th July 2011 at 22:22.

dracuul is offline Private
    Thanks

nüvi 350

Awesome! Thanks for the link to that site.

I found instructions to reset the nüvi 350 by pressing the upper-right corner of the touchscreen while turning the device on. It prompted to erase all user settings, and afterward the device properly started again! I'm amazed by (and thankful for) the amount of safety nets they build into these things.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by dracuul; 22nd July 2011 at 01:22.

Don Jordan is offline Private
    Thanks

nüvi 350

Hi :-)

A few days ago my GPS system (nüvi 350) failed to catch any type of satellite. Sometimes it appear a message "Pre-Boot Mode" on the system startup. Someone who happened the same thing, or that knows what's going on? :-/

Thanks, and sorry for my bad English :-)

TCIII is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: [Network Problem] Garmin nüvi 350

pre boot mode might be your on/off switch sticking......no sats is an antenna problem

spoovman is offline Private
    Thanks

I just downloaded the latest Europe map 2012.40 and put it on a 4 GB SD card in a folder labeled Garmin. However when I start up my gps the map is not listed under Map Info in Settings. The file size of the map is 2.3 GB. Any ideas as to why it isn't showing up?

spoovman is offline Private
    Thanks

Got it to work. I used a file that was much smaller, ~110 MB and it works just fine now. Must be a file size limit for this unit.

Tiger is offline Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spoovman View Post
    I just downloaded the latest Europe map 2012.40 and put it on a 4 GB SD card in a folder labeled Garmin. However when I start up my gps the map is not listed under Map Info in Settings. The file size of the map is 2.3 GB. Any ideas as to why it isn't showing up?
    for a 350, You need the smaler version....

From the Garmin Website.

Starting with the 2011.30 version of City Navigator Europe NT, the map file size for all of Europe is now larger than 2GB in size. The following is a list of Garmin's older model unit's that support a SD Card larger than 4GB but are not able to use a Map file that is larger than 2GB.

• nuvi 300 Series
    • nuvi 600 Series
    • nuvi 5000
    • StreetPilot c500 Series
    • OEM Zumo Series
    These units will not be able to use the following products:

• Full Coverage City Navigator Europe pre-programmed card
    • Full Coverage City Navigator Europe Download
    • Full Coverage City Navigator Europe Map Update
    • A map file larger than 2GB loaded from MapSource or MapInstall

GMRO is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Garmin nüvi 350

Hello,

I have a Nuvi 350. I'd like to get a new map update. I only need the North America map. IMG version? What other files will I need? This does not do 3D? So I would only need CN North America NT 2012.40?

I see the rar files are many. How do I get them all together once I down load them?

Thank you!
    Last edited by GMRO; 6th March 2012 at 18:36.

Tiger is offline Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMRO View Post
    Hello,

I have a Nuvi 350. I'd like to get a new map update. I only need the North America map. IMG version? What other files will I need? This does not do 3D? So I would only need CN North America NT 2012.40?

I see the rar files are many. How do I get them all together once I down load them?

Thank you!
    You only need the UNLOCKED .IMG for North America. Your model supports no other features needed to be updated.

First.... download ALL the .RAR parts. This is a spit RAR archive which (when unpacked) will produce ONE large file named either "gmapprom.img" or "gmapsupp.img" (just different names for the same file content).

Use WinRar to extract Part-1 and it will AUTOMATICALLY extract and combine all the other parts.

Then replace your old map with the new one.
    gps:\garmin\gmapprom.img <--- replace with new gmapprom.img

your done.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

GMRO is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Sorry...I finally got all the rar files downloaded. See that map is 1.6gig. 350 only has 1.4g of space. I did remove old map from last year.

I put new 2012.40 map on SD card. I put in 350 and I can not tell IF 350 is seeing this map.

I get NO MAP DATA AVAILABLE when I go into WHERE TO screen. I did try to use FAST IMG UNLOCKER on the 1.6gig file. I reloaded onto SD card. 350 still does same...no map info and no data available when I am in WHERE TO screen.

I only see BASEMAP 2.0 on the load screen when unit is booted up. No other map is shown.

I have file carefully named gmapprom.img.

???
    Last edited by GMRO; 8th March 2012 at 16:28.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast